£50k - 60k per year + Excellent Benefits
6 months ago
Title: Project Manager
Location: Warminster, Wiltshire
Salary: Up to £60,000 (pro rata)
Duration: 6 months (fixed-term contract)
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join a team at one of the UK's most loved tourist attractions. This is on a fixed term basis to deliver a range of significant construction projects across diverse areas of the estate. You will be at the forefront of striving to maintain customer satisfaction whilst also ensuring budgets and timescales are met and compliance is adhered to at all times.
Reporting to the Director of Estate, as a Project manager you’ll be responsible for working closely with project sponsors to formulate and subsequently deliver plans and strategy for some key construction projects that are required and agreed by the business. You will manage around 10 different construction projects ranging from £10,000 to £500,000 from conception to handover, ensuring the highest level of consistent communication to relevant parties and delivery is on time and on budget.
Key duties will include:
- Delivery of multiple construction projects across the estate, ensuring completion on budget and on time.
- Communication with all relevant parties throughout the project using all platforms to ensure awareness and understanding of works taking place.
- Seek out external best practice and offer recommendations to improve processes and procedures within the operation.
- Agree specifications and offer critical review of quotations for works.
- Continuously monitor budgets to ensure we remain within agreed parameters.
- To maintain good communications and relations with all department heads, staff, visitors and the general public.
- To undertake such training and attend relevant courses as and when required to ensure skills and competencies are kept to the highest standard at all times.
- Take steps to maintain all equipment and work environments to the highest standard.
- Ensure teams and contractors are held accountable for working in a responsible and safe manner at all times adhering to Health & Safety, safe working practices and Company Policies and Procedures.
- To ensure statutory compliance in all work including compliance with Health & Safety legislation, CDM, housing, electrical, waste and environmental requirements at all times.
You will be a self-motivator with excellent analytical skills and the ability to work well under pressure. You will be a proven coordinator with strong communication skills to enable the efficient management of contractors.
- Recognised project management qualification - PRINCE2 or equivalent.
- Substantial experience in construction project management.
- 3 years + experience project management.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of knowledge and experience in the managing of Technicians, Engineers and sub-contractors.
- Evidence of delivering high levels of customer service.
- Proven track record of delivering improvements in a project management environment.
What's In in for you?
- 29 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Complimentary tickets to attraction
- Discounts on food and beverages and retail merchandise
- Company Pension
- Life assurance cover and more perks.
For further information relating to this role, please contact Rhian Newman of Thorn Baker on 07969 972412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key skills: Project Management, Heritage, Housing, Residential, High End Residential, Bespoke, Estates, CSCS, SMSTS