4 days ago
Quantity Surveyor - Permanent
£(negotiable) with excellent benefits and package
High Rise Appartments, Commercial Elements, Housing.
Will involve site visits.
Our client is a leading house builder/developer. The company has a high bank of land, with several large developments planned and ready to start. Typical projects are high rise apartments with commercial elements. The business is expanding and is able to offer career progression for ambitious, hard-working professionals. There is a good opportunity to progress and this company has a good track record of promoting and developing staff.
The role - Quantity Surveyor
You will be an experienced Quantity Surveyor who can support continued business growth in the region. You will be reporting to a Commercial Manager/ MQS and will be responsible for controlling and assisting the day to day commercial aspects on new build developments typically 150+ units. You will be able to work in a fast paced environment where attention to detail is of utmost importance and the quality of the build is of an exceptional standard.
- Managing the commercial aspects as a stand alone QS as part of the greater regional team.
- Oversee general Pre-contract procurement and tendering documentation
- Manage and procure all required Contractual Appointments and Warranties from supply chain as required
- Provide mentor and ongoing CPD training to junior commercial staff where appropriate
- Working with the operational teams to deliver and manage performance against the Profit Improvement Plan.
- Manage commercial performance against business targets and KPI's
- Promote a culture of integration, continuous improvement and use of best practice across the client base.
- Ensuring that cash flow is maximised including ensuring that payments are received on time.
- Preparation of monthly management and financial performance reports.
The successful candidate will likely have:
- Significant experience a working for a house builder in the UK
- Track record of delivering a range of houses and apartments
- Experience delivering high rise projects
- Commutable to Bristol office based and willing to travel to projects
- HND/Degree qualifications beneficial, or trade qualified background
What is on Offer
You will benefit from an excellent salary plus package including company car or car allowance, medical cover and pension. A bonus scheme is also in place. This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful builder with a solid reputation and strong repeat client base and have a strong platform for career progression.
If you are interested in this exciting position please click the link below or contact Sarah Ferrari Wallace at Thorn Baker. Additionally if you would like to have an informal discussion about other opportunities please do not hesitate to call me on 01172033444