£350 - 400 per day
about 1 month ago
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Contract length: 1 year approx. Contract/freelance – outside IR35
Pay rate: £300 - £400 per day Ltd company rate, depending on experience
Location: Leamington Spa, Coventry
Start date: ASAP
We have an opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a leading environmental specialist to provide a QS service on a long-term freelance contract (outside IR35) for approximately 12 months, based in their busy and expanding Leamington Spa site office.
As the role sits outside IR35 this is an ideal construction QS role for own-Ltd company contractors in relation to pending legislation.
Our client works nationwide delivering a wide array of ecological mitigation works to a varied client base, from small charity-led projects through to major construction and infrastructure works. They are well-known as leaders in the environment industry, and specialists in river restoration, fish passage and restoration works.
Suitable candidates will have considerable Quantity Surveyor experience in the construction industry, to advise on effective contract management across a growing package of projects, in addition to helping develop and co-ordinate the commercial team. Experience within environmental and ground engineering sector preferred.
Candidate role / requirements:
- Quantity Surveyor services in the environment / ecology mitigation sector (construction)
- NEC3 form of contract
- Providing evidence for resolution of potential disputes
- Senior level experience (e.g 5 years)
- Experience of running construction projects in excess of £10m
- Relevant qualifications e.g Construction, Engineering or Quantity Surveying. Chartered status preferred.
- Confident with clients, meetings and contractual duties
- Handling complex issues and supporting more junior staff members in quantity surveying practice where appropriate
What’s in it for you?
- Long-term contract, outside IR35 (own Ltd company payment is an option)
- Competitive daily rate
- Interesting and varied projects including a major infrastructure project
- Environment / ecology biased – have a positive impact on our natural world
- Supportive, friendly and professional working environment
To apply, submit your CV via this advert, or for more information and a confidential initial discussion contact Rhian Newman at Thorn Baker on 0117 2033 444 or Rhian@thornbaker.co.uk
Key skills: Quantity Surveyor, QS, Senior QS, construction, civils, groundworks, engineering, ecology, HS2, NEC3, contract, Leamington Spa, Coventry, IR35