£25k - 45k per year + Excellent Benefits
6 months ago
Role: Quantity Surveyor
Sector: Water / Civil Engineering
Salary: £25k - £45k dependent on experience, plus benefits
Fantastic permanent opportunity for an experienced and motivated Quantity Surveyor to join a leading Civil Engineering company who have a very strong reputation for their service, projects and staff retention. Offering excellent reward package, opportunities for development and a supportive company culture this is an excellent opportunity to enhance your career within this sector.
Due to continued growth, our client is seeking Quantity Surveyor to work on a major water infrastructure project framework across the Midlands.
- Manage the subcontractor appointment process.
- Preparation of tenders, cost estimates and quotations within client deadlines.
- Preparation of value engineering proposals to reflect Client budgetary requirements.
- Preparation of cost, value and reconciliation monthly reports on each assigned project.
- Manage money recovery in accordance with the agreed terms and conditions
- Coordinate with Clients, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of each project through to final accounts.
- Manage sub-contractor’s account in strict accordance with their terms and conditions to meet project demands/time frames.
- Visits on site to view works completed, quality and management of costs.
- To undertake any other duties as allocated
- Third level degree qualification in Quantity Surveying or a related construction discipline with
- 5+ years’ experience ideally in Civil Engineering, Water or Wastewater.
- Experience of having worked with Severn Trent Water would preferable but not essential.
- Sound estimation skills with negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing and pricing variations.
- Sound knowledge of construction contracts in particular NEC3/NEC4.
- Full clean driving license.
What's in it for you?
- Permanent position with a leading Civil Engineering firm, on a National framework
- Work with a company who has an excellent reputation for rewarding their staff
- Competitive package including, fuel allowance, mobile phone and life assurance
To apply, please reply to this advert with your CV, or for more information contact Rhian Newman of Thorn Baker on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07969 972412
Key skills: Water, Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Infrastructure, East Midlands