£40k - 45k per year + Package
5 months ago
Job title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Bristol, Portishead, Weston Super Mare, Bath, Chippenham, Thornbury, Newport, Chepstow
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Salary negotiable to £45,000 plus package
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join a joint venture residential developer, that aims to offer the housing market with sustainable, quality and most importantly, affordable homes. The business has been formed as being part of the solution to accelerate the provision of new homes in the UK. This is a company that is delivering an innovative modular housing product, offering a game changing, unique solution to the UK housing market.
As Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for the commercial delivery of residential redevelopment schemes in the region.
You will be:
- Ensuring completion of all contract documentation and sub-contract documentation.
- Preparing monthly reports for presentation to senior managers.
- Monitoring risk and opportunity schedules and managing risk from commencement to completion.
- Providing input and cost and value engineering advice and attending design team meetings.
- Check and ensure compliance and issuing of timely payment and pay less notices to subcontractors
- Control, monitor and improve commercial processes and deliver the objectives and targets for the contract teams.
- Demonstrable knowledge of different forms of contract, specifically JCT, PFI and bespoke contracts.
- Experience delivering housing schemes with values in excess of £10m.
- BSc in Surveying and membership of CIOB or RICS
- Strong negotiation skills
What's in it for you?
On offer is a negotiable salary to £45,000 per annum & package.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker.
Key Skills: Quantity surveyor, QS, housing, housing developer, house builder, new homes, modular, modular housing, modular construction, JCT, PFI, RICS, CIOB