8 months ago
Job title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Derbyshire – derby, Nottingham, Grantham, Louhborough, Burton Upon Trent, Uttoxeter, Ashbourne, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Stoke-on-Trent
Job type: Permanent
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor with housing experience to join an innovator within the construction industry. You will be joining a specialist Modular manufacturer providing end to end services to their clients.
This is a business that is focused on delivering world class Modular solutions with a strong emphasis on outstanding design and quality.
You will be joining a friendly and supportive team environment who are passionate about what they do.
As Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for the commercial delivery of residential development schemes.
You will be:
- Ensuring completion of all contract documentation and sub-contract documentation.
- Preparing monthly reports for presentation to senior managers.
- Monitoring risk and opportunity schedules and managing risk from commencement to completion.
- Providing input and cost and value engineering advice and attending design team meetings.
- Check and ensure compliance and issuing of timely payment and pay less notices to subcontractors
- Control, monitor and improve commercial processes and deliver the objectives and targets for the contract teams.
Quantity surveying experience in Housebuilding or main contractor environment
Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying
Commercially Astute with strong numerical skills
Problem solving skills
Excellent communication skills
What's in it for you?
On offer is a negotiable salary commensurate with experience, offered on a freelance or permanent basis.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker.
Key Skills: QS, Quantity Surveyor, Quantity Surveyor, Commercial, Housing, Housebuilding, Housing Developer, New Build Developments, New Homes, main contracting, modular construction