5 months ago
Job title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Dorset –Dorchester, Yeovil, Bridport, Bearminster, Abbotsbury, Weymouth, Sherborne, Blandford Forum, Bovington
Job type: Permanent
A fantastic opportunity as arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join a well-established, specialist contractor with extensive experience working on heritage construction projects across the UK.
You will be joining a family business, where you will be well supported and provided with ample opportunities to develop your skills.
As Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for managing all costs relating to building projects, saving money where possible, whilst maintaining quality of work. You will be based in Dorset, but will be working on several projects at any one time across the South East of England.
- Have a good understanding of traditional building methods
- Be confident in dealing directly with Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Clients and Subcontractors
- Be maintaining a tight control over variations on a large number of on-going projects
- Be calculating and preparing of all company valuations and final accounts
- Prepare and present monthly job cost analysis data
- Analyse current methods and procedures and develop improved methods of working
- Assume full control of subcontract orders, applications and assist with subcontract enquiries and management
- Pay regular visits to site, as well as liaising directly with Contracts Managers and Site Managers to ensure that all variations are recorded on CVIs
- Preparation of costs reports for Estimates.
- Ensure that valuations and final account for each contract are presented to requirements of the individual client
Degree / HNC qualification in Quantity Surveying
Minimum of 1 year industry experience detailed knowledge JCT suite of contracts.
A good understanding of traditional building methods and products associated with historic building
Repair and conservation.
Awareness of property taxation matters and contractual law
Strong numeracy and financial management skills
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Confident user of Microsoft Office packages
Excellent organisation skills
What's in it for you?
On offer are a negotiable salary (DOE)
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker for more information.
Key Skills: QS, Quantity Surveyor, Assistant Quantity Surveyor, Contracting, Sub-contracting, Main contracting, Heritage, Conservation,