£40k - 60k per year
5 months ago
Job title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Gloucestershire - Wotton-under-Edge, Thornbury, Dursley, Stroud, Bristol, Malmesbury, Tetbury, Chippenham, Cirencester, Gloucester
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable DOE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a well-established family business with particular expertise in restoration and refurbishment of historical properties across a variety of sectors.
You will be joining a relaxed and flexible business with family values and a supportive team environment.
As Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for a wide range of construction works, including new builds, extensions, alterations, restoration and refurbishment of historical properties in the commercial, industrial and domestic sector. Project values will range of £5,000 to £3M.
You will have a pivotal role within the business, working closely with the management team and delivering projects on time and budget to a very high standard. Duties will include
- Subcontract procurement
- Interim valuations, together with follow-up procedures to ensure relevant certificates and invoices are issued
- Regular variation costing and cost forecasting
- Interim payments of subcontractors
- Provide, advise or execution of contractual notices
- Review and advise of any commercial gains or losses to ensure commercial success of the projects
- Attending both internal and external meetings as required
- Maintain a schedule of financial procurement for your projects
- Produce costs/value reports
Minimum 3 years’ experience as Quantity Surveyor
Previous experience working on Restoration / Heritage & new build projects
Degree Qualified in Quantity Surveying
Excellent numerical skills
Confident communicator, both verbal and written
Strong organisation skills
What's in it for you?
On offer is the opportunity to join a welcoming family business, offering a supportive working environment with relaxed and flexible culture.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker for more information.
Key Skills: Quantity Surveyor, QS, Commercial, Main contracting, Heritage, Conservation,
restoration, traditional new build