3 months ago
Rob title: Freelance Quantity Surveyor
Location: London (Euston & Kings College)
Job type: Contract - 12 months
Start: End of May / Early June
Rate: Flexible day rate to attract
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a commercially astute Freelance Quantity Surveyor to join a market leader in the Construction sector based on a £13m project in Euston. This flexible and very-well established employer has completed numerous prestigious projects across the UK in a variety of sectors and is continuing to expand. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced QS to work on a large and complex project in London for a 12 month period.
There are two positions available, the first is based Euston and will start in approximately 4 weeks time and the 2nd is based at Kings College which will start in approximately 6-8 weeks time.
- To provide surveying capability to the Commercial Team
- Prepare and issue Account Development Review, applications for payment and final accounts on a timely basis
- Working closely with Project Managers and Site Managers to understand current issues and progress on site
- Measure sub-contractor performance with quality of work by regularly visiting sites. Issue sub-contract works orders and variations. Review and approve sub-contractor applications for payment and issue payment certificates on a timely basis.
- Prepare re-measure reports for Commercial Manager when required
- Prepare and issue project related report when required by the Commercial Manager
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Experience in use of MS office particularly MS Word and MS Excel to advanced level
- Significant Quantity Surveying experience to senior level
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships with sub-contractors and senior stakeholders
For further information relating to this role, please contact Rhian Newman of Thorn Baker on 07969 971412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key skills: QS, Quantity Surveying, Fit-out, Modular, Offsite, MMC, Refurbishment, Build