£45k - 50k per year
27 days ago
Job title: Quantity Surveyor
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable to £50,000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a well-established, independent business with particular expertise working on commercial fit out and refurbishment projects across the retail and hospitality sectors nationwide.
You will be joining a company with a tradition of training and developing their staff as well as delivering long term career progression.
As Quantity Surveyor, you will be supporting a number of contracts managers with quantity surveying and cost management for several fit out projects on a national basis. Duties will include:
- Preparing tender and contract documents
- Compiling subcontractor packages
- Allocating works to subcontractors
- Recording and calculating the costs associated with variations, additions and omissions
- Ensuring all projects are completed in line with relevant legal and quality standards
- Prepare on time monthly valuations following work in progress reviews on site and with contact / site management
- Assist in the commercial activities of the business and provide support and advice to the contract management team as required
Minimum 5 years’ experience as Quantity Surveyor, ideally within a fast paced retail / shop fitting environment.
Degree in Quantity Surveying
Competent user of MS Office packages
Excellent communication skills
Strong written & numerical skills
Able to build strong working relationships
Full UK driving license
What's in it for you?
On offer is a negotiable salary to £50,000 per annum and the opportunity to join a market leading business that is able to offer excellent long term career progression.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker for more information.
Key Skills: Quantity Surveyor, QS, commercial, Construction, Fit out, refurbishment, Shop fitting, Retail