£42k - 55k per year
about 1 month ago
Job Title- uantity Surveyor
Job Title- Quantity Surveyor
Salary- £42000-£55000 per annum + Package
Thorn Baker is pleased to be working with a main contractor in the civil engineering industry. The successful candidates will be dealing with commercial aspects on projects consisting of various elements including 278 works, drainage, roads, and general infrastructure.
Thorn Baker's client can offer serious career development opportunities leading to Regional Managing QS level
Thorn Baker's client is expecting to double its turnover in the next 2 years and a big part of this growth will come from projects being won in the Southwest region. With this in mind Thorn Baker's client can provide a stable working environment in the local area.
- To provide surveying capability to the Commercial Team
- Prepare and issue Account Development Review, applications for payment and final accounts on a timely basis
- Working closely with Project Managers and Site Managers to understand current issues and progress on site
- Measure sub-contractor performance with quality of work, Issue sub-contract works orders and variations, review and approve sub-contractor applications for payment and issue payment certificates on a timely basis.
- Prepare re-measure reports for Commercial Manager when required
- Prepare and issue project related report when required by the Commercial Manager
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Experience working on project values of £5M+
- Significant Quantity Surveying experience within the civil engineering/infrastructure industries
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships with sub-contractors and senior stakeholders
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Salary (£42000-£55000 per annum plus package)
- A fantastic opportunity to develop your career with a forward thinking, supportive and well-established company
- The opportunity to secure a stable career where all the work is in the local area (Bristol, Somerset, Gloucester)
To be considered for this opportunity, please contact Ben Knight at Thorn Baker on 07861251504 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Required- CSCS, Quantity Surveyor, Graduate, Day Release, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Commercial