£45k - 55k per year + Excellent Benefits
25 days ago
Title: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: Up to £55,000 (DoE)
Fantastic opportunity to join a well-established house builder who lead the market not just in the West Midlands but throughout the UK. They pride themselves on looking after their staff and providing an environment for people to develop their careers. They are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join the business and control costs, from procurement to final account for all aspects of cost, manage administration of sub-contractors, produce internal valuations and assist in the training of the Trainee Surveyor and mentor as required.
- Experience across Housing or Main Contracting
- Experience preparing, submitting and agreeing all Final Accounts in a timely manner that achieves best value for the Company.
- Be able to take timely and proper action (e.g., notices) in accordance with the contract/sub-contract. Construct and Submit detailed, accurate and timely interim applications for payment.
- The knowledge to check that all sub-contractors are procured to the programme and that agreements are robust to achieve best value.
- Experience to support and advice to site team with contractual matters where possible.
- Finally Ensuring in conjunction with the Managing Surveyor, that the risk mitigation strategy is effectively managed.
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying is preferred
- Good knowledge of contract conditions and law within the Construction Industry
- Excellent organiser with proven time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
For further information relating to this role, please call Rhian Newman of Thorn Baker on 07969 972412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key skills: Housebuilding, Developer, Residential, Main Contracting, QS, Quantity Surveyor, Housing