£57k - 65k per year + TAX FREE Lodge Allowance
2 months ago
Thorn Baker is thrilled to be working with one of the country’s largest and most diverse civil engineering main contractors to recruit a Section Engineer to work on one of the main areas of the prestigious Hinkley Point C project in Somerset. This section of work is set to last until 2025.
This position is of a permanent nature and the successful candidate can expect an extremely competitive salary, generous overtime uplifts, company car and, if required, a TAX FREE lodge allowance. The overall package is enviable to say the least.
As Section Engineer you will
- Ensure works are carried out to the required tolerances and QA documentation.
- Supervise and coordinate shift works.
- Supervise Setting out Engineers
- Prepare and review method statements, risk assessments, inspection and test plans.
- Ensure Engineers complete inspections and test plans as required by the specification, including checks of dimension accuracy and quality
- Work on a days and nights shift rotation with 7 days off every 2 weeks
Thorn Baker's client is looking for someone who
- Has experience in reinforced concrete structures.
- Has good knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
- Has the ability to contribute to the design, development, construction, commissioning or maintenance of civil engineering products, equipment, processes and systems
- Has the ability to interpret drawings correctly and check for error.
- Extremely competitive package including up to £65000 per annum, TAX FREE lodge allowance, company car, pension, life insurance among other fantastic benefits
- The opportunity to work on one of the world’s largest and most high profile major civil engineering project
For further information relating to this role, please contact Ben Knight of Thorn Baker on 07861 251 504 or apply directly to the advert or via email email@example.com
Required: SMSTS, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, CSCS, Section Engineer, Site Engineer, Setting out Engineer