£300 per day
6 months ago
Role: Senior Project Engineer
Sector: Civils / Construction
Role Type: Long-term contract for duration of project (projected 1 year)
Rate: Circa £300 per day depending on experience
Fantastic long-term contract opportunity for an experienced Civil Engineer to join a major project in the high-end residential Construction sector. Our client is a very well established specialist Contractor who deliver shell & core and subterranean superstructure builds, partnering with leading architects, developers and private clients. They offer an outstanding portfolio of projects, including high-end estates and heritage renovation works among other complex works.
This is a long term freelance contract role for the duration of the project, likely one year, with an immediate start. Interviews will be held Tuesday 16th June.
Role and requirements:
- Degree qualified Civil Engineer with substantial onsite experience (e.g 10 years)
- Comfortable with Civils & RC works
- Able to drive the design team and manage flow of information to feed the site team
- Have a very thorough understanding of formwork and falsework systems
- Understand Sub Structures Construction, Waterproofing of sub structures and drive quality control onsite
- Must have Temp Works Co-ordinators training
- Must be a good communicators and be able to lead the team
- Reading, checking and ordering all reinforcement drawings & call offs
- Managing the Site Setting Out Engineer
- Co ordination and management of design information for Drainage & RC works
- Checking Construction drawings and raising Rfi's etc.
- Ordering all concrete and ensuring correct design mixes are in place etc.
- Quality Control onsite and QA file
- Managing waterproofing installation and QA.
- Compilation of all as build information produced by site setting out engineer
- Ensuring compliance with structural engineering specifications
- Carrying out all pre-pour Inspections and checks & liaison with building control
- Formwork & Falsework control onsite
- Managing Temp Works Procedure, Register, File & Permits to load / unload.
- Overseeing onsite team of shuttering engineers, steel fixers and concrete placers in addition to Field Site Engineer.
What's in it for you?
- Longterm contract opportunity
- Join a company with a very strong reputation in their field
- No travel - one site only
- Competitive daily pay rate
- Professional team and interesting project with plenty of challenges
To apply, send your CV to this advert or contact Ngaire (Ny-ree) Wallace at Thorn Baker on email@example.com or 07792 381 034.
Civil Engineer, Senior Engineer, RC, Basement, Formwork, Falsework, Drainage, Subterranean, Construction, Civils, Residential