£35k - 38k per year
20 days ago
Job title: Senior Design Technician
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable to £38,000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Design Technician to join a 50-years established modular manufacturer based in the North of England.
This is a business with a long history within the modular construction sector, innovative in its approach and prides itself on delivering technical excellence
As Senior Design Technician, you will have the responsibility for managing & prioritising the workflow of the Technical Team with day-to-day responsibility for the management of the design and engineering process. You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that group standards and quality standards are maintained
- Preparing and submitting design drawings / paperwork to other company functions
- Producing manufacturing drawings and information
- Provide sub-assembly / special / non-standard fabrication details and prepare detailed schedules as required.
- Specification of special materials and design details
- Design Risk Assessments and compliance with CDM
- Liaising with sub-contractors and suppliers
- Daily appraisal of production plan
- Undertake Planning / Building Regulations applications.
- Obtain / provide design calculations
- Provide technical support for Business Development Managers.
- Undertake site surveys
Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Design led role within Offsite construction or Main Contracting
Strong understanding of Building regulations
Proficient in the use of relevant design software AutoCAD or Revit
Degree qualification in a relevant construction related discipline
Highly organised, able to prioritise workload
Able to work in a high-pressure environment
Excellent communication skills
Previous experience managing a team
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker on 07973 786 995 or email@example.com
Key Skills: Construction, Modular, MMC, Modern Methods of Construction