£55k - 65k per year
about 1 year ago
Job Title- Estimator
Salary- £55000 - £65000 (dependant on expereince)
Job Type- Permanent (freelance considered in certain circumstances)
Thorn Baker is please to be working with an established civil engineering groundworks company to recruit an Estimator in the Swindon area. The successful candidate would be able to work flexibly from home, in the office and on site.
Thorn Baker's client requires the Estimator to take control of and develop the function to match the growth expected over the coming 12 months
This is a really great opportunity and can provide the right candidate with a stable working environment as well as a fulfilling career prospect.
The salary is extremely competitive and the package enviable so please get in touch to discuss in more detail.
As Estimator you will:
- Be working on JCT, NEC and bespoke D&M contracts.
- Be conducting take offs / measuring work, preparing and submitting tenders, preparing and sending sub-contractor enquiries, sourcing procurement rates from suppliers and undertaking cost analysis
- Carry out remeasures based on redesign at tender stage
- Identify anomalies within the rates and measures,
- Identify VE opportunities when measuring works
- Be answering directly to the Managing Director of the business
Thorn Baker's client is looking for someone who:
- Has a good understanding of industry rates
- Understands risk and value management and cost control
- Understands cost implications for building control, NHBC and County Council compliance
- Has experience in groundworks & civils packages both residential & commercial
- Extremely competitive salary which is highly dependant on experience (£55000- £65000 per annum)
- A good package to include pension, holiday and other benefits
- THe ability to work remotely from home or from home
For further information relating to this role, please contact Ben Knight of Thorn Baker on 07811 744871 or apply directly to the advert or via email email@example.com
Key Skills- Estimator, Senior Estimator, Managing Estimator, Civil Engineering, Commercial, Groundworks