Up to £65,000
about 1 month ago
Job title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £65,000
Sector: Offsite, Housing, Modular
An opportunity has been given to work for a top quality and sustainable modular housing company who have built over 200 ultra-low carbon homes. These homes are built using advanced technology and manufacturing in their 125,000 sq ft offsite factory. They are now looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to deliver several of these projects in the Bristol area.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will do the following:
- All Quantity Surveying duties including measurement, valuation, commercial efficiency, reducing risk, and agreement of work packages
- Negotiate with clients and establish relationships with supply chain partners avoiding adversarial relationships.
- Have sole responsibility on a project or several smaller projects from bid to final accounts.
- Deal with any contractual implications
- Liaise directly with the factory procurement team.
- Monthly contract review reports highlighting cost, value, risks on projects and CVR’s.
- Interim applications/administration and settlement of supplier accounts including payment, internal valuations.
- Preparation for tender enquiries for materials and analysis of tender returns followed by package recommendation report
- HNC or equivalent in Construction/Quantity Surveying with significant post graduate experience
- Experience of building procurement options, contracts and contract documentation
- Experience of budget control and financial monitoring.
- Practical knowledge of the different types of building construction procurement, contracts, building technologies and materials, sustainability agenda and statutory legislation regarding property.
- Able to communicate effectively within a team and engage with stakeholders at all levels of the business
What’s in it for You:
- Salary up to £65,000 per annum depending upon experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Vitality Health Insurance
- Group Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Subsidised Canteen (Derby site only)
- Group Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working (role dependant)
- Enhanced Paternity and Maternity Pay
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Rhian Newman at Thorn Baker on 07969 972412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Skills: Senior Quantity Surveyor, SQS, Commercial, New build, Housing, Sustainable homes, procurement, purchasing, category manager, modular, offsite, MMC, Housing, Residential