£65k - 72k per year
5 months ago
Title: Senior Technical Manager
Location: St Albans
Salary: £65,000 - £72,000
An award winning national house builder established over 50 years ago is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Technical Manager to join their growing team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading developer that has a passion for not just building homes, but creating vibrant sustainable communities. When joining this business your career will be both challenging and rewarding, with large investments in your learning and development.
As Senior Technical Manager you will be joining the team to cover developments across Staffordshire. The role requires an experienced individual with a history of managing multiple residential new build projects simultaneously.
You will be managing several pre-operational and live sites with up to 80-250 units per site. As a key part of your role, you will be proposing cost effective solutions to the Planning, Commercial, Sales and Build teams to deliver commercially viable options, particularly with section 38, 104 and 278 agreements.
You will be identifying and resolving any potential technical constraints on land development and developing excellent relationships with statutory authorities, managing external consultants and ensure all design briefs, development plans and budgets are kept to and delivered to a high standard.
- Previous experience managing the end to end life-cycle in planning, budgeting and delivering residential new homes in a Technical role
- HNC/HND qualified or with a Degree in a construction related discipline
- Architectural or Civil Engineering background with exposure to Housebuilding
- Excellent knowledge of appraisals, producing and understanding geo-technical and environmental reports and remedial techniques
- Excellent communication skill
- Strong problem solving skills
- Team player but also able to work independently
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company car/car allowance
- Flexible working options
- 28 days annual leave
- Saving scheme with shares in the company
- Private Aviva Healthcare
- Private pension up to 12.5%
- Healthshield Cash Plan
- Cycle to work
- Life assurance and personal accident cover
- Free Counselling advice
- Cashback and retail discounts
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Rhian Newman on 07969 972412 at Thorn Baker for more information.
Key Skills: Technical Manager, Technical, Housing, Developer, New Homes, New build, Residential, Housing Developer