£44k - 49.2k per year + Relocation
18 days ago
Title: Senior Design Technician
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Salary: 85000nzd to 95000nzd
Sector: Timber / SIPS
A fantastic opportunity to join a business that is making waves in the New Zealand building scene! They are now taking production and design to the next level and are in need of more forward thinking team members to help lead their business to even greater success. This is New Zealand’s largest purpose-designed, off-site closed panel framing, (Walls, floor and roof cassette) manufacturer. While offsite manufacturing is relatively new to New Zealand, it’s already considered best practice for streamlining the production of homes at scale and pace in the European and North American markets.
This is a brilliant organisation whose vision is to create a positive culture through solid leadership and people managers that focus on bringing the right people into the business. They training and development of their people is second to none and they really care about what they do and how they do it
About the Role
The Senior Designer is responsible for documenting and managing the 3D fabrication modelling and detailing process for the Panelisation plant. The role is also responsible for technical development ensuring the panelisation building systems are optimised for design, engineering, manufacturing and assembly. Reporting to a Design Manager you will be part of a small team of designers, so you will have support from peers and can tap into their knowledge and expertise.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills & experience:
- Formal qualifications in either Architecture or Design
- Experience in both 2D and 3D CAD fabrication modelling. Experience in cadwork, Revit or HSbCAD will be highly regarded.
- Knowledge of offsite house construction methodologies/techniques
- Knowledge of DfMA (design for manufacturing & assembly) principles
- Sound knowledge of general residential construction desirable
What’s in it for you?
- Full relocation package (inc. Flights, Visa, Car, temporary accommodation)
- Access to excellent training and development, not only for you but your family members to!
- Generous holiday allowance
This is a company that is disrupting the industry and opportunities like this don’t come along often, so don’t sit on the side-lines watching; come join us and help to build some change!
Key Skills: Design, SIPS, Timber Frame, cadwork, Revit, HSbCAD , Offsite, MMC, Housing, Closed Panel, Residential