Flexible Dependant on Experience
6 months ago
Title: Freelance Setting-Out Engineer
Rate: Dependant on experience
Location: Newton Abbot
Start: 15th July 2020
Duration: Until September 2020
We have an opportunity for an experienced Setting out Engineer for a project in Newton Abbott, starting June 15th running up to end of September. We are working on behalf of a civil engineering contractor who focus on major earthworks, civil infrastructure, demolition, remediation and environmental contracting. The demolition works have been completed and we are now moving on to the infrastructure and build works. Candidates can apply with or without kit.
- Assisting the Site Agent with the supervision staff, engineers, infrastructure/drainage gangs and any additional sub-contractors.
- You will assist the project delivery team
- Maintaining high standards of health and safety, quality, environmental impact.
- Experience of setting out - civils including drainage, retaining walls, and concrete pads with supervisory knowledge.
- Able to supervise as required on site.
- Knowledge of infrastructure, drainage, retaining walls and concrete pads.
- Ability to carry out quality checks and raise any technical issues.
- Able to ensure Health & Safety compliance on site at all times
- Civils / Groundworks background.
- Strong communication skills SSSTS or SMSTS is essential.
This is a new LIVE role, with initial telephone interviews taking place next week, for further information relating to this role and the project, please contact Rhian Newman of Thorn Baker on 07969 972412
Key Skills: Groundworks, Civil Engineering, Earthworks, setting-out, site engineer, SMSTS, SSSTS