£29k - 32k per year
about 2 months ago
Job title: Shift Supervisor
Location: Leicestershire –Leicester, Loughborough, Coalville, Shepshed, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Burton on Trent, Tamworth, Derby, Swadlincote, Hinckley
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable to £32,000 per annum
Expanding company, exciting sector, innovative and sustainable construction projects - what more could you want from your next role? We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Shift Supervisor to join one of the UK's leading housing developers and urban regeneration specialists who operate throughout the UK. This employer believes that their people are their greatest asset and with that in mind they offer an outstanding training and development programme as well as an unrivalled benefits package.
As Shift Supervisor, you will work on a rotating shift pattern supervising a production team within a timber frame manufacturing environment.
You will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of safety, environmental and product quality standards.
- Supervising the production process on, ensuring product quality and productivity
- Ensuring safety and environmental policies are adhered to
- Observing health and safety rules and be aware of the safety of self and others to promote a safe working environment and culture
- working collaboratively with the opposite shift, ensuring that both shifts achieve shared goals and targets
- Developing and training team members, helping to build flexible teams and drive a high-performance culture
- Applying ‘right first time’ quality standards, helping to contribute to the production of a quality product
- Ensure that material requirements are in place, resolving material shortages where possible
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally within the timber frame, modular or housebuilding industry
- Thorough understanding of Health and Safety
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Confidence in a variety of manufacturing processes
- An understanding and use of ERP software
- A strong understanding of manufacturing, production, transportation, construction, and on-site installation
- GCSE Maths and English
- NVQ Level 2 or above
- A current Combilift Forklift truck licence (RTITB or ITSAR)
- A current Counterbalance Forklift truck licence (RTITB or ITSAR)
What's in it for you?
Industry leading salaries and benefit packages
Full range of flexible benefits to suit you.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker for more information.
Key Skills: Shift Supervisor, Supervisor, Manufacturing, Timber Frame, Modular, Housebuilding