£260 - 300 per day
3 months ago
Job Title- Site Agent
Rate- £260-£300 per day
Thorn Baker is pleased to be working with one of the region's busiest civil engineering contractors to recruit a Site Agent on a freelance basis. The successful candidate will be involved in an exciting period of growth for an already thriving civil engineering/infrastructure company. Initially, the successful candidate will be involved in a large civil engineering/infrastructure project with a budget of around £8M
The successful candidate should have previous experience dealing with projects consisting of pedestrian-vehicle segregation, section 106 connection, drainage and infrastructure as well as various other elements of a civil engineering project of this value.
In return the successful candidate will benefit from a long-term placement in the local area as well as a competitive rate of pay
As Site Agent you will:
- Manage day to day operations on site, including labour/plant/materials allocation, temporary works and health and safety.
- Liaise on a weekly basis with the Project Manager, providing programme and progress report.
- Deal with Clerk of Works and client visits.
- Read drawings and keep an update drawing file.
- Write Inspection and Test Plan from specification.
- Complete QA inspections (depths/cubes/rebar/air tests)
- Keep updated and accurate QA files on company QA sheets.
Our client requires a Site Agent with:
- ONC/HNC/Degree or similar in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Experience of working in a similar position on a civil engineering/infrastructure project.
- SMSTS, CSCS manager's card.
- A site Engineering background and experience as a Temporary Works Co-ordinator (Preferably)
- £260-300 per day (dependant on experience)
- The stability of a long-term freelance contract in the local area
For further information relating to this role, please contact Ben Knight of Thorn Baker on 07861 251 504 or apply directly to the advert or via email email@example.com
Key skills: Site Agent, Site Manager, CSCS, Civil Engineering, Temporary Works, Infrastructure, Drainage