£280 - 320 per day
about 1 month ago
Job Title- Site Engineer (Earthworks)
Duration- 12 months+
Thorn Baker is pleased to be working with one of the UK's best known civil engineering main contractors to recruit a Site Engineer to work on the prestigious HS2 project in the Oxford region. Thorn Baker's client require a Site Engineer with a thorough understanding of the earthworks sector. This vacancy is of a long-term freelance nature and we are able to engage the successful candidate via the CIS scheme.
As Earthworks Site Engineer you will:
- Be involved with various engineering duties including as builts, relevant paperwork and general setting out duties.
- Perform volume calculations.
- Check technical designs and drawings to ensure they are followed correctly.
- Provide technical advice to other members of staff where required.
- Liaise with various stakeholders including client, local authority and internal staff members.
Thorn Baker's client is looking for someone who:
- Has a demonstrable background working on civil engineering/infrastructure and earthworks projects.
- Has a relevant degree in civil engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Has an occupation specific CSCS card.
- The opportunity to work on one of the most high-profile civil engineering projects in the country.
- Work on a long-term project providing stability
- Highly competitive rate of pay (between £280-£320 per day dependent on location)
For further information relating to this role, please contact Ben Knight of Thorn Baker on 07861 251 504 or apply directly to the advert or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key skills: Site Engineer, CSCS, civil engineering, earthworks, infrastructure, muckshifting, HS2