£270 - 300 per day
about 1 month ago
Title: Freelance Site Senior Engineer
Rate: £270 - £300 per day DOE
Duration: 12 to 18 months
Sector: Heritage, Civil Engineering
- Deep Drainage, Heavy Civil's and Earthworks, Construction of Large RC Basement Substructure 9m Deep, approx 2,250m2 plan area, Excavation Volume approx 25,000m3, Concrete Volume approx 4,500m3 and Reinforcement Volume approx 1,000ton
- Large Double Height RC Retaining walls 8m High
- 2 no. Site Tower Cranes
- Large amount of deep drainage and services infrastructure
- Fast track sub structure programme.
- Degree Qualified Civil Engineer with min 5 years onsite experience
- Candidate must be comfortable with and have a good understanding of Civil's & RC works.
- Must be able to drive the design team and manage flow of information to feed the site team.
- Have a good thorough understanding of Form-work & False-work Systems
- Understand Sub Structures Construction, Waterproofing of sub structures and drive quality control onsite
- Must have Temp Works Co-ordinators training
- Reading, checking and ordering all reinforcement drawings & call offs
- Managing the Site Setting Out Engineer
- Co ordination and management of design information for Drainage & RC works
- Checking Construction drawings and raising Rfi's etc.
- Ordering all concrete and ensuring correct design mixes are in place etc.
- Quality Control onsite and QA file
- Managing waterproofing installation and QA.
- Compilation of all as build information produced by site setting out engineer
- Ensuring compliance with structural engineering specifications
- Carrying out all pre-pour Inspections and checks & liaison with building control
- Formwork & Falsework control onsite
- Managing Temp Works Procedure, Register, File & Permits to load / unload.
For further information relating to this role, please contact Rhian Newman of Thorn Baker on 07969 972412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Skills: Site Engineer, Groundworks, Drainage, Civils, RC Works, Formwork, SMSTS, CSCS