Up £56,800 +package
15 days ago
Thorn Baker is thrilled to be working with one of the country’s largest and most diverse civil engineering main contractors to recruit a Site Engineer to work on one of the main areas of the prestigious Hinkley Point C project in Somerset. This section of work is set to last until 2026.
- Extremely competitive salary
- Tax free lodge allowance
- Life insurance
- The opportunity to work on one of the world’s largest and most high profile major civil engineering projects
Thorn Baker's client is looking for someone with
- Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods
- The ability to interpret drawings correctly and check for error
- Experience in reinforced concrete structures
- CSCS card as a minimum
As Site Engineer you will
- Provide accurate and clear setting out for works before work is programmed to commence, allowing time for independent checking where required.
- Communicate with Foreman and Gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Complete inspection and test plans as required by the specification, including checks of dimension accuracy and quality.
- Have the ability to use software to produce sketches, update drawings or produce as-built 3D models/drawings.
- Have the ability to verify dimensions and coordinates against 3D models/drawings to ensure setting out is correct on site.
- Work on a days and nights shift rotation with 7 days off every 2 weeks