£220 - 250 per day
4 months ago
Role title: Site Manager
Sector: Environment / Construction / Rail / Ecology
Job type / salary: £220 - £250 day depending on experience.
Role status: This is a key working, essential infrastructure project with very strict Covid-19 safety processes on site. Live role immediate start.
Amazing opportunity for a motivated Site Manager with a love for the environment and who has experience in groundworks, to join this leading Environment Contractor. The role involves Managing Site Supervisors & Technicians on a major infrastructure project based near Coventry. You will support the delivery of environment protection works, assisting the Project Manager in smooth running of the site.
The successful applicant will deliver toolbox talks, assist with managing a team, plant, budgets, vehicles, materials, project development, project planning, and support the Site Manager in any other tasks required on site. Projects are related to environment protection and ecology mitigation works.
Groundworks or civils experience welcomed but not essential. Interest in environment essential. You will be joining a friendly and sociable team of environment professionals - the role often suits applicants who enjoy the outdoors, although of course relevant hobbies are not essential.
The role / requirements:
- Can-do attitude to solve problems and use initiative
- Lead by example to support the delivery of projects with the project manager
- Plant management and reporting
- Support the Contracts and Project Manager with project development and planning
- Ordering of all plant and materials required on site
- Pre construction meetings and project close down meetings
- Use of Builderstorm to report issues
- Manage a budget and a team of Site Technicians
- Measure and report on inventory and approved suppliers
- Passion for the natural world - awareness of ecology, biology, environment or a related discipline would be well regarded but is not essential
- Good communication and a team worker
- Relevant qualifications such as SMSTS
- Experience working in a similar role: Managing teams, managing plant and projects, handling budgets, project design and monitoring.
What you get in return:
- Chance to work in a role protecting the natural world / environment
- Opportunity for career progression (this company promotes from within)
- Cheerful, supportive working environment of people who are passionate about the environment and highly skilled and knowledgeable, including specialist Ecologists along with general Construction specialists
- Company away days, sporting activities and team building
To apply, submit your CV to this advert or for more information, call Rhian Newman on 07969 972412 or email email@example.com
Key skills: Environment, Ecology, Site Manager, Construction. Coventry, Infrastructure, CSCS, Rail, SSSTS, SMSTS