Flexible Dependant on Experience
9 months ago
Title: Freelance Site Manager
Rate: Dependant on experience
Location: Newton Abbot
Start: 15th July 2020
Duration: 6 months (likely longer / permanent)
We have an opportunity for an experienced Works / Site Manager for a project in Newton Abbott, starting June 15th running up to end of September. We are working on behalf of a civil engineering contractor who focuses on major earthworks, civil infrastructure, demolition, remediation and environmental contracting. The demolition works have been completed and we are now moving on to the ground and build works.
- Plan, organise, motivate and effectively deploy allocated site personnel and resources to achieve completion within the allowed programme period.
- Accept, control and reconcile temporary works and permanent works materials and equipment necessary to achieve the contract works
- Prepare site works package plans and contract plans to achieve, as a minimum, the Client's requirement and specification.
- Maintaining high standards of health and safety, quality, environmental impact.
- Track record in a similar role
- You will be reliable and have a good work ethic.
- Able to supervise as required on site.
- Knowledge of infrastructure, drainage, retaining walls and concrete pads.
- Ability to carry out quality checks and raise any technical issues.
- Able to ensure Health & Safety compliance on site at all times
- Civils / Groundworks background.
- Strong communication skills
- CSCS & SMSTS is essential.
This is a new LIVE role, with initial telephone interviews taking place next week, for further information relating to this role and the project, please contact Rhian Newman of Thorn Baker on 07969 972412
Key Skills: Groundworks, Civil Engineering, Earthworks, Works Manager, site Manager, SMSTS, CSCS