£19 per hour
8 days ago
Job Title: Site Supervisor
Duration: Ongoing / Long term
Rate: circa £19 per hour depending on experience
Site Supervisor required on an ongoing freelance basis, to join a leading sub-contractor working on a major sub-station project based in Somerset and with a second project to start thereafter. Great opportunity for the right person to secure long term work, working with a reputable brand and alongside a leading Tier 1 contractor.
The suitable applicant will be a good communicator who can build excellent relationships on site, capable of overseeing a team of 25, liaising with the Main Contractor, and all trades on site, with a strong knowledge of Formwork, Reinforced Concrete (RC) and steel, and the ability to read steel drawings. SSSTS and First Aid are minimum requirements and Manual Handling would be a bonus.
- Live within commutable distance to Somerset
- Available within a week to join a long-term project
- Can read steel drawings
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role, working with steel, RC and Formwork
- Has previously supervised teams of around 25 or larger
- Good communication and relationship building skills
- SSSTS and First Aid as a minimum, Manual Handling a bonus
What’s in it for you?
- Ongoing project with a reputable sub-contractor, working alongside a leading Main Contractor
- Pipeline of work with another project in the area due to begin following this project
- Competitive hourly rate
- Immediate start for the right person
To apply, submit your CV to this advert, or contact Rhian Newman at Thorn Baker on Rhian@thornbaker.co.uk or 07969 972 412.
Please be aware that we are likely to receive a high volume of response to this vacancy, and plan to send suitable CVs to our client in the next 24 – 48 hours. We will do our best to keep all applicants updated but please be aware due to the volume of applicants we may not be able to respond to each individual.
Key words: Site Supervisor, CSCS, SSSTS, Construction, Civils, RC, Formwork, Substation, Reinforced Concrete, Steelwork, Steel, Somerset, Foreman