£25k - 28k per year
6 months ago
Job title: Structural Design Engineer
Location: Merseyside – Liverpool, Chester, Warrington, Chorley, Wigan, Bolton, Widnes, Wrexham, Ellesmere Port, St Helens
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable to £28,000 per annum
Established in 2011 this revolutionary company has expanded significantly over the years and are currently going through another strong period of growth. You will be joining a cracking team of offsite professionals who are keen to mentor and train individuals to be the best they can be. This company really do lead change and they are a significant part of industry innovation.
Working within the Design team, you will be working structural design elements for varied modular projects as required.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking concept designs and planning projects at concept stage on a wide variety of buildings
- Responsibility for the production of structural engineering calculations for light gauge steel frames & timber frame projects
- Delivering excellent project work within agreed deadlines and budgets
- Interact and cultivate relations with clients and other project members
- Keep management informed of important and relevant design decisions to make sure that the objectives of the company and client are achieved
- Representing the company at meetings with clients and suppliers
- Undertaking site visits as and when required
Previous experience as a Structural Engineer within construction or offsite manufacturing
Experience of light gauge steel or timber frame design
Broad range of engineering skills
Demonstrable ability to use 3D modelling software – AutoCAD and Revit or Tekla
Construction related qualification BSc / MSc / HND
Excellent communication skills
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker for more information.
Key Skills: Design, Structural, Engineering, Manufacturing, Offsite, Modular, Steel Frame, Timber Frame, Revit, Tekla, AutoCAD