£38k - 50k per year + Package
7 months ago
Job title: Design Engineer - Civils
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable to £50,000 plus package
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Design Engineer to join a market leading company within the house building sector. This is an instantly recognisable name within the industry, with customer service excellence at the core of everything they do.
You will be joining a business committed to helping talented and driven individuals to build the career that they want, offering extensive opportunities for long-term development and a strong focus on delivering an inclusive company culture.
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will be responsible for overseeing the design of infrastructure and groundworks packages for residential developments.
You will be involved in:
- Procuring service records and enquiries for new developments, including responsibility for timely payment for new services infrastructure to support build programmes
- Overseeing the design and detailing carried out by externally appointed Consulting Engineer’s responsible for providing designs for new estate roads and sewers
- Securing adoption agreements; S38, S104 and S278 to suit the development programme
- Obtaining designs for foundations and input into securing structural designs for superstructure components
- Maintaining a continuous process of evaluation of Consultant’s designs to ensure that proposals adhere to best practice in value engineering
- Liaise with stakeholders as necessary to seek the discharge of building regulations and planning conditions
- Educated to HNC/HND level in an Engineering related discipline with a
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
- Previous experience in a design related environment, preferably with Civil or Structural Consulting Engineers
- Able to confidently handle negotiations with external bodies
- Able to co-ordinate with all members of the design team to ensure programmes are achieved
- Computer literate
- Experience of design software packages such as PDS or MicroDrainage desirable
What's in it for you?
On offer is an attractive basic salary, negotiable to £50,000, car allowance and benefits as well as the opportunity to work with a market leading name within the housebuilding sector.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker for more information.
Key Skills: Engineer, Engineering, Design Engineer, Engineering consultancy, Civils, Drainage, Groundworks, Highways