£38k - 50k per year + Package
9 days ago
Job title: Technical Coordinator
Job type: Permanent
Salary: £38,000 to £50,000 (DOE)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Technical Coordinator to join a market leading company within the house building sector. This is an instantly recognisable name within the industry, with customer service excellence at the core of everything they do.
You will be joining a business committed to helping talented and driven individuals build the career that they want, offering extensive opportunities for long-term development and a strong focus on delivering an inclusive company culture.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, you will be responsible for co-coordinating external design consultants, obtaining building control approvals, discharging planning conditions, ensuring mains services are procured and providing Construction Issue drawings for site starts.
You will be:
- Obtaining Technical Drawings and approvals to enable efficient site starts
- Minimising risk through provision of timely and high quality information
- Briefing, managing and driving the external consultants in the preparation and issue of production information to an agreed programme, fee and scope
- Preparing the Design Programme and present it at Progression Meetings
- Ensuring all statutory enquiries, sewer connections and other section agreements are submitted
- Overseeing the NHBC/Building Regulations applications to approval
- Ensuring that working drawings are in accordance with the approved Planning Scheme, and ensuring discharge of planning conditions.
- Monitor and control the Professional Fees budget and update fee reports on monthly basis
- Oversee preparation of Brochure Plans, Conveyance Plans and Sales Area drawings
- Attend site progress meetings and carry out site inspection
- Attend meetings at various stages of projects
- Liaise and coordinate other parties, both internal and external
- Respond to site queries and resolve Technical/Construction problems
- Issue drawings and information for construction purposes
- Qualified as a Civil/Building Engineer or Construction related degree/HNC/HND
- Good technical knowledge of residential projects, together with a degree of flair for design
- Strong understanding of Building Regulations, NHBC, Party Wall Awards and associated construction industry legislation
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical with strong problem solving skills
What's in it for you?
Negotiable salary £38,000 to £50,000 (DOE)
Car/ Car Allowance
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker for more information.
Key Skills: Technical, Technical Coordinator, NHBC, Building regulations, New Homes, Housebuilding, Housing developer, Residential New build, Housing, Apartments