about 1 month ago
Job title: Technical Manager
Job type: Permanent
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Technical Manager to join a market leader in the housing sector.
This is a housing developer with an established a hard-earned reputation for delivery, quality, and sector knowledge, recognised as an innovative and collaborative industry leader.
You will be joining a business that works closely with governmental bodies, housing associations and local authorities throughout the country, focused on creating as many new homes as possible to help with the UK housing shortage.
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will be tasked with the control and coordination of the complete design process involving the management of design consultants, external parties and stakeholders, liaison with the relevant statutory, approval and local authorities, including clients and client’s representatives.
Duties will include:
- Pre-contract technical input
- PQQ and tender submission
- Pre-construction stage planning and feasibility reports
- Production, management, and review of the design and pre-construction programmes
- Producing schedule of service documents
- Chairing and organising periodic design team meetings and M&E client design meetings
- Value engineering design proposals
- Ensuring design and contractual standards are met
- Managing the production and review of design Information
- Degree, HND/HNC in construction related discipline
- Design & Construction experience within a main contractor or developer
- Highly organised, able to prioritise workload
- Strong technical understanding of relevant industry guidance / building regulations
- Strong team player, also able to work independently
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker on 07973 786 995 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Skills: Technical, Design, Construction, Housing, house building, Housing developer, Social Housing, Residential, New Homes