£60k - 70k per year + package
12 months ago
Title: Technical Manager
Salary: £60,000 - 70,000 per annum + package including, car/allowance, competitive bonus, healthcare, 25 days holiday and other flexible benefits
Has 2020 started the same as previous years? Have you got that feeling that your current employer just isn't quite right for you?
Are you an experienced Technical Manager within the residential sector looking for an opportunity to drive your career forward? Then this may be the opportunity for you! Reporting to the head of department you'll take responsibility for the day to day management of the technical team including Engineers, Technical Coordinators and a Senior Project Manager.
Working for the countries leading residential developer in one of their recently formed regional offices you'll report to the Head of Technical and play a pivotal role in the success of the region. The variety of sites offer a real diverse set of design challenges as does the evermore pressing need to deliver a more sustainable, environmentally considered solution.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Effectively manage the Team (Internal and External) to ensure the provision of required level of services in a pro-active and professional manner to enable other departments to fulfil their role
- Co-ordinate production information to a written programme to ensure company targets are met for a controlled and cost effective finish to the sites
- Ensure provision of drawings to site on a weekly basis & as appropriate
- Establish and enforce quality and standards in schemes, and maintain the good image of the company
- Establish good working relationships with Site staff and Department Heads to ensure schemes are constructed as intended and to encourage feedback for inclusion in future schemes to avoid wastage and improve the engineered solutions
- Comply with responsibilities as defined in the Group’s Health, Safety & Environment Policy and ensure compliance with the same throughout the team
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company
The successful candidate will ideally be qualified to degree level in an architectural or engineering discipline although relevant equivalent experience will also be considered. You will have experience working on volume residential projects and experience managing and leading a team.
To find out more about this opportunity APPLY NOW or call Andy Fletcher at Thorn Baker for a confidential chat.