£50k - 55k per year
5 months ago
Job title: Technical Manager
Location: Staffordshire – Birmingham, Tamworth, Nuneaton, Nuneaton, Coventry, Redditch, Kidderminster, Cannock, Stafford, Burton on Trent, Coventry
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Salary negotiable to £55,000 per annum & package
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experience Technical Manager to join well-established developer that has been building new homes for over 50 years.
A company firmly established as a market leader with a passion for building high quality new homes, whilst also creating vibrant, sustainable communities. When joining this business your career will be both challenging and rewarding, with large investments in your learning and development.
As Technical Manager you will be joining the team to cover developments across Staffordshire. The role requires an experienced individual with a history of managing multiple residential new build projects simultaneously.
You will be managing several pre-operational and live sites with up to 80-250 units per site. As a key part of your role, you will be proposing cost effective solutions to the Planning, Commercial, Sales and Build teams to deliver commercially viable options, particularly with section 38, 104 and 278 agreements.
You will be identifying and resolving any potential technical constraints on land development and developing excellent relationships with statutory authorities, managing external consultants and ensure all design briefs, development plans and budgets are kept to and delivered to a high standard.
- Previous experience managing the end to end life-cycle in planning, budgeting and delivering residential new homes in a Technical role
- HNC/HND qualified or with a Degree in a construction related discipline
- Architectural or Civil Engineering background with exposure to Housebuilding
- Excellent knowledge of appraisals, producing and understanding geo-technical and environmental reports and remedial techniques
- Excellent communication skill
- Strong problem solving skills
- Team player but also able to work independently
What's in it for you?
- Salary negotiable to £55,000 per annum
- Company car/car allowance
- Private Healthcare
- Private pension
- Life assurance
- Comprehensive benefits
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker for more information.
Key Skills: Technical Manager, Technical, Housing, Developer, New Homes, New build, Residential, Housing Developer