£70k - 75k per year + Package
2 months ago
Job title: Technical Manager
Location: Peterborough, Leicester, Nottingham, Grantham, Boston, Cambridge, Kettering, Corby, Northampton
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable to £75,000 plus package
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Technical Manager to join a market leading company within the house building sector. This is an instantly recognisable name within the industry, with customer service excellence at the core of everything they do.
You will be joining a business committed to helping talented and driven individuals build the career that they want, offering extensive opportunities for long-term development and a strong focus on delivering an inclusive company culture.
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will have the opportunity to contribute to business success by ensuring the Technical team are fully resourced and well-directed. You will be providing your full support in achieving the teams objectives through, delivery of excellent communication, training and development, as well as the the organisation of workload.
You will be:
- Assessing potential developments and producing detailed technical reports
- Managing both the internal team and external consultants
- Leading, motivating, communicating with, developing, appraising and performance managing team
- Co-ordinating production information to ensure cost effective finish to sites
- Ensuring provision of drawings to site as appropriate
- Establishing quality and standards in schemes, and maintaining a good company image
- Ensuring housing schemes are designed to company standards
- Producing engineering site feasibility studies
- Establishing good working relationships with site teams and wider business
- Ensuring Health, Safety & Environment policies are compliant throughout the team
- Implementing new ideas and methods and continuing to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation’s goals
- Developing good working relationships with Local Authorities
- Qualified as a Civil/Building Engineer or Construction related degree/HNC/HND
- Good technical knowledge of residential projects
- Strong understanding of Building Regulations, NHBC, Party Wall Awards and associated construction industry legislation
- Experience leading a Design & Technical team
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical with strong problem solving skills
What's in it for you?
Negotiable salary to £75,000 (DOE)
Car/ Car Allowance
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the link to apply or contact Lucy Patterson at Thorn Baker for more information.
Key Skills: Technical, Technical Coordinator, NHBC, Building regulations, New Homes, Housebuilding, Housing developer, Residential New build, Housing, Apartments