Negotiable to top end of the salary
15 days ago
Experienced Technical Manager - Infrastructure
Up to £75000 per annum
Thorn Baker is pleased to be working with a highly reputable, national housebuilder to recruit an Infrastructure Technical Manager for developments in and around Surrey. The successful candidate will be instrumental in delivering complex infrastructure on major projects and will provide assistance to the housebuilding divisions. Thorn Baker's client is an ethical and progressive employer which encourages a culture of openness, creativity and continuous professional development.
As Infrastructure Technical Manager you will
- Advise on potential infrastructure and abnormal cost allowances for development viability appraisals, commissioning external cost consultants where necessary.
- Provide technical assistance to the Land and Planning team during the promotion and planning application stages of development sites within the strategic land portfolio, to ensure projects are technically deliverable, optimised and technical risks are mitigated where possible.
- Provide technical assistance to the Joint Venture (JV) team on complex, often brownfield, JV projects
- Produce, monitor and manage project delivery programmes to inform the wider development programme.
- Manage teams of external consultants responsible for producing Reserved Matters and detailed technical design packages for complex infrastructure on major projects.
- Manage the technical approval process and subsequent legal agreement process associated with the adoption of highways and drainage
- Project manage the construction of complex strategic infrastructure works to an agreed programme and budget, to facilitate housebuilding on major projects.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Preferably degree educated in a relevant subject such as Civil Engineering, Construction Project Management, Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Relevant experience working for other developers or consultants in a technical project management role working on residential-led developments
- Good understanding of technical risks associated with development sites
- Good knowledge and experience of construction contracts and legal agreements such as Section 278, 38 and 104 agreements
- Experience reviewing, analysing and reporting on project financials, including cost plans, tender comparisons, monthly cost reports and cashflows
Benefits and package:
- Competitive salary and bonus schemes
- Share save Scheme
- Company car or car allowance
- Private pension up to 12.5%
- Private healthcare and cash plan options
- 28 days' annual leave
- Retail discounts
For further information relating to this role, please contact Ben Knight of Thorn Baker on 07861 251 504 or apply directly to the advert or via email email@example.com
Key skills: Technical Manager, Civil Engineering, Housebuilding, developer, infrastructure, Project Manager, technical Project Manager