£22k - 35k per year
6 months ago
Rob title: Timber Frame Designer / Senior Timber Frame Designer
Location: Canterbury / South-East Kent
Sector: Construction / Timber Frame Design
Salary / Rate: Varies on experience - £22k - £35k
Role status: This position is live, and we are actively recruiting although interviews will be held by phone / video and start date may be delayed.
If you are a Timber Frame Designer who fancies working near the Coast and vibrant town of Canterbury, we have the role for you. This team of timber engineering experts are passionate about design, and supply timber frame, roof trusses and open metal web joists. They have an excellent reputation in the industry and work with a solid network of developers, self-builders and specialist builders.
Projects range from relatively simple through to multi-storey apartments with complex design features that require higher-level design skills and understanding, and collaboration with architects.
The position would ideally suit someone with around 5 years Timber Frame design experience, and who is capable of adding knowledge to the team and supporting junior designers by taking on the more complex projects. However, designers at all levels can be considered.
The team are dynamic and friendly, with a focus on providing support, training, and promoting internally. They really value their staff and will invest in upskilling and relevant training courses. They socialise together with regular team dinners out and a positive and cheerful working environment. The location is easily commutable from surrounding coastal towns such as Margate and Ramsgate (with a lower cost of living) but also easily accessible from Canterbury. Candidates considering relocation are welcomed and informal telephone / video interviews can be arranged.
- Timber Frame Design using MiTek WoodEngine software
- Current technical knowledge to include building regulations and environmental standards
- Building relationships within a dynamic team and with external stakeholders such as self-builders, specialist builders, developers and architects
- Providing support to junior designers (for Senior level role)
- Dynamic team player with excellent communication skills and moderate to significant experience of Timber Frame design
- Strong technical knowledge of building regulations and standards
- MiTek WoodEngine strongly regarded
- Can commute to Canterbury / South East Kent. Full-time in the office would be preferred but if some WFH is essential for the candidate that potentially could be arranged.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive package, life by the sea, friendly team, training and development opportunities, and chance to work with a Timber Frame Engineering specialist who have a great reputation.
Key skills: Timber Frame Designer, MiTek WoodEngine, Design, Timber, Construction, Kent, Margate, Ramsgate, Canterbury, MiTek