£35k - 45k per year + Excellent Benefits
5 months ago
Role: Timber Frame Designer
Salary: £35'000 to £45'000 plus package
Sector: Timber Frame
They are one of the UK's leading housing developers and urban regeneration specialists who operate throughout the UK. This employer believes that their people are their greatest asset and with that in mind they offer an outstanding training and development programme as well as an unrivalled benefits package.
- The preparation, design and coordination of new modular timber frame panels and methodology for a range of standard house types in conjunction with its floor wall and roof cassettes manufacturer and the developers new production line.
- Produce accurate and efficient timber frame designs in line with specification efficiently
- Producing cutting files and associated manufacturing information, Bill of Materials (BoM) lists for manufacture,
- Co-ordinating 3rd party floor & roof design information ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Co-ordinating external structural engineering information including NHBC design certification.
- Consider CDM regulations always during design
- Provide technical assistance to site teams and factory colleagues as and when required
- Continuous product development and innovation
- Experience of offsite manufacture, preferably within Timber Frame industry
- Experience of using AutoCAD and MiTek Woodengine in particular, and Consultec, HSBcad or similar
- Experience of MRP and ERP software systems – Microsoft Dynamics in particular
- Relevant certificate i.e. HNC/HND, NVQ etc or similar
- Good working knowledge of NHBC and Building regulations
For further information relating to this role, please contact Rhian Newman of Thorn Baker on 07969 971412 or email@example.com
Key Skills: MiTek, WoodEngine, Design, Timber Frame, NHBC, Manufacturing, Housing, Residential